Sonari: The manager of Timonhabi Tea Estate in upper Assam’s Charaideo district was abducted by the suspected militants of the Ulfa(I) from his official residence at Sapekhati under Sonari subdivision at around 7.35 pm on Tuesday.
According to reports, four armed youths in army camouflage outfit came to the residence of Numal Chandra Baruah, manager of the TE, taking advantage of the darkness at around 7.35 pm. The youths also identified themselves as the members of the Ulfa(I).
“When the militants rang the calling bell of the house, my husband opened the door and they entered the house. Then they told me that they are taking him along with them as they have something to discuss with him,” wife of Baruah said.
Informing that the armed militants group was interacted with the family members with Assamese language, she further stated that the armed militants assured her of safe return of her husband.
“They told me that they have some pending works to sort out. They also took away his mobile handset,” claimed the wife.
She also stated that this has been for the first time when they are being harassed in such a manner. It may be mentioned that such kidnapping activities from the upper Assam region have been on the rise for the last few weeks.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture