Agartala: In a tragic incident, a Tripura State Rifles (TSR) jawan shot himself with his service weapon in the Jirania camp, located at a distance of 25 km from the capital city of Agartala, in west Tripura on Tuesday. The deceased has been identified as Sanjit Das of the 10 Battalion of TSR.
This is the not the first such incident involving a TSR jawan. On May 8, another TSR jawan, Manik Ghosh (40), shot himself after killing his wife, son and daughter at his home in the Rabindra Nagar area of west Tripura.
Talking to EastMojo, former assistant commandant of TSR Samarendra Deb said that, unlike military forces, TSR jawans rarely undergo any mental checkups. “Hence, it becomes difficult to ascertain the emotional stability of a jawan at any given point of time,” he added.
- Successive Assam govts plied ‘encroachers’ with permanent facilities before evicting them
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result