Imphal: In yet another major haul of contraband substances in the state, the Tengnoupal battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles recovered a huge cache of drugs worth about Rs 35 lakh in the international market from the Khudenthabi area on the Moreh-Imphal in Manipur.
Around 2 pm on Monday, a team of the Tengnoupal battalion spotted a suspicious woman walking with a black polythene bag from the Zaummunum village to Khudengthabi.
On frisking, 122 grams of white powder suspected to be heroin, 30 grams of brown sugar and 2,580 WIY tablets were recovered from the woman.
On questioning, the lady identified herself as Teresa Haokip (28), a resident of Zaummunum village in the Moreh subdivision of Tengnoupal district.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900