Imphal: Union minister for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has assured a delegation of All Manipur Muslim Organisations’ Coordinating Committee (AMMOCOC) of taking adequate steps for the overall development of the minority communities living in the state.
A delegation of the AMMOCOC, led by its president SM Jalal, met the Union minister at his office chamber in New Delhi. The team apprised the minister on various issues related to the minorities living in the state, besides future developmental plans.
Jalal submitted a memorandum and apprised the minister on issues relating to land acquisition, land eviction, mob lynching, fund diversion of Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram, MSDP (Multi Sectoral Development Programme), skill development, WAQF Board and Manipur State Minority Commission.
Naqvi took stock of the situation and ensured the team that he will look into the matter to address the same at the earliest possible. The minister also ensured that he will work towards the development of the minorities of the state.
The team also proposed to conduct a survey for Muslims as a continuation of the socio-economic survey conducted in 2004 which will give real-time data for any developmental work for the Muslims.
- DoNER minister lays foundation stone of Parashuram Kund
- Oldest human footprints in North America found in New Mexico
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly