Agartala: Tripura is all set to host the three-day-long International Tourism Mart at the Prajna Bhawan in Agartala from November 22. With an estimated budget of Rs 2.60 crore, the event will be inaugurated by Union minister of state for tourism KJ Alphons in presence of state CM Biplab Kumar Deb.
As per Tripura tourism minister Pranajit Singha Roy, operator delegates from 18 countries are participating in an effort to popularise tourist destinations in the Northeast.
Altogether, 60 tour operator delegates from various foreign countries have confirmed their participation in the event so far. These include 16 delegates from Bangladesh, three from China, two from Australia, three from Canada and one from France, among others.
Apart from these, 70 tour operators would join the tourism mart from the eight Northeastern states. Other states from the country would be represented by 30 tour operators.
The three-day event will include cultural events, festivals and a discussion on ‘Adventure Tourism’, which is also the theme for this year.
Tripura is hosting the tourism mart for the first time. Earlier, Meghalaya, Manipur and Assam have hosted the events. The last edition was organised in Guwahati in December last year.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900