Tinsukia: Suspected Ulfa (I) militants kidnapped the manager of a stone-crushing unit at 10 Mile under Jagun police outpost in upper Assam’s Tinsukia district on Monday evening.
According to the latest reports received here, the abducted person has been identified as Apurba Kakoty. Kakoty was working as the manager of the stone-crushing unit. The unit is owned by Digboi-based prominent businessman Bijoy Bora.
It is reported that Kakoty was kidnapped by a three-member group of the suspected ULFA(I) cadres around 6 pm on Monday from his work site.
Senior officials of the police and other security forces have rushed to the site to investigate into the matter.
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court