Guwahati: A businessman from Assam was kidnapped from East Garo Hills district in Meghalaya on Tuesday.
The incident happened near Bansam Awe village when the trader, identified as Taposh Majhi, was going to the Rongsak weekly market.
The 37-year-old ginger trader hails from Assam’s Goalpara district.
According to the police, around six masked men came in motorbikes and stopped Majhi near the Bansam Awe village. The trader was then abducted on gun point.
Meanwhile, police operations are underway to rescue the trader.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers