Imphal: Stressing on the need of proper road maps and long term strategies for successful implementation of government projects, Manipur labour and employment minister Th Radheshyam said that honest and sincere efforts are must to achieve targets in government-sponsored projects.
The minister further said that no welfare programmes or initiatives can be considered as fruitful if nothing is reflected at the ground.
Radheshyam was speaking as chief guest at the Apparel and Garment Day held at Manipur Trade & Expo Centre, Lamboi Khongnangkhong, Imphal West as part of the ongoing Manipur International Textile Expo (MANITEX) 2018 on Thursday.
Delivering his speech, S Rajen Singh, chairman of Manipur Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporation (MHHDC) Limited, informed that the state government has taken up various welfare programmes for the weavers in the state, including opening of yarn shops at multiple locations where weavers can get yarns at subsidized rate or avail the home delivery service of yarns.
Principal Secretary (Textiles, Commerce and Industries) P Vaiphei said that handloom products should be made specially to the customers while the common products or products for mass consumption should be produced in large scale.
Chingai A/C MLA Khashim Vashum, Directorate of Handloom and Textiles, GoM director Lamlee Kamei also attended the function among many others.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art