Agartala: Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) workers allegedly attacked five labourers in the Rapaichari area of Sabroom in South Tripura over an incident of cow slaughter on Wednesday.
Following the incident, labourers working in the bricks manufacturing unit, where the cow was slaughtered, allegedly retaliated leading to a clash between the two parties. When things went out of control, the police were called to the spot.
Under pressure from the VHP members, the five labourers were later arrested by the police.
Meanwhile, the situation remained tense on Thursday with the police keeping a strict vigil in the area.
- Naga peace talks resume but separate flag, constitution still off table
- US rules out adding India, Japan to security alliance with Australia, UK
- Arunachal: Army rescues six locals hit by lightening in Dibang Valley
- Sikkim registers 60 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fatality
- Assam reports 4 new Covid deaths, 407 fresh cases
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh