Agartala: A day after Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Jitendra Chaudhury was reportedly attacked by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers during a meeting at its Ambassa office in Dhalai district of Tripura, party workers conducted a massive protest rally in the capital city of Agartala.
Tuesday’s rally was led by former deputy speaker of state assembly Pabitra Kar, former MLA Ratan Das and state Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) secretary Amal Chakraborty.
On Monday, Chaudhury, who is an MP from the Tripura East constituency, had alleged that he was threatened by BJP workers to leave the meeting or else “face consequences”. The MP also alleged that the workers had started abusing CPI-M leaders for holding the meeting.
The MP later called CM Biplab Kumar Deb and explained the entire incident, upon which he ordered the police to report on the incident.
- Photos show N. Korea expanding uranium enrichment plant
- Porns film case: Kundra seeks bail citing ‘no evidence’ against him
- Meghalaya Chief Justice Biswanath Somadder to take charge of Sikkim HC
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection