Aizawl: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) announced the names of five candidates for the upcoming Mizoram assembly polls on Monday.
NCP state president Lalawmpuia Chhangte will contest from Mamit and Dampa constituencies, both of which are along the Mizoram-Tripura-Bangladesh border.
The party has nominated C Ramkinlova, a Presbyterian church member, for the Hachhek constituency. NCP is fielding Lalrinpuii, the only woman candidate from the party, from the Aizawl East-I constituency.
The NCP has nominated Lalhruaia, a first-timer, from Aizawl West – I seat.
Appearing confident, state party president Chhangte said that the NCP will win the Mamit and Hachhek seats.
However, the party did not field any candidate from the Tuichawng and West Tuipui assembly seats where Chakmas dominate. Despite having presence among the Chakmas in these two constituencies, the NCP decided not to field candidates following the influential NGO Coordination Committee’s appeal.
Mizoram will go to polls for the 40 assembly seats on November 28.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP