Shillong: Two youths from Shillong drowned near the Janailar falls in Sohra on Sunday after they went for a swim in the stream.
The two youths, identified as Vivek Dhar and Harsh Mohta, had gone to the area after attending NH7 Weekender on Saturday. As per the police, Dhar had jumped into the stream to save Mohta but both died in the incident.
The incident took place when five youths, including the two deceased, had gone to Sohra after attending the music festival. The three others, Saurav Dhandotia from Sikkim, Akash Prassad from Bangalore and Manisha Pradhan from Kharagpur in West Bengal, survived the incident.
The two youths were reportedly washed away by the strong current of the stream.
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM
- Facebook puts Instagram for kids on hold after pushback
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race