Agartala: Congress workers led by the party’s state president Birajit Sinha on Saturday blocked the road in the Kailashahar Paitur Bazaar area of Unakoti district to demand compensation for the victims of the second wave of flood witnessed by the state in June this year.
Incidentally, Kailashahar was one of the worst-affected regions of the state during the flood in June. Several leaders, including ministers, had visited the flood-affected areas of the district and had assured all kinds of assistance from the government. But the ruling BJP government has failed to do anything in this regard, alleged Sinha.
“Even after completing the survey, the people of Kailashahar have not got any compensation so far. The roads are yet to be reconstructed and the people have been deprived of their basic rights,” said the president of the Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers