Imphal: Imphal Jamboree, a three-day youth conclave, got off to a flying start at the City Convention Centre in the capital city of Manipur on Friday. With the theme of ‘Our Future; Our Responsibility’, the conclave has been organised by Global Shapers Community, Imphal, an initiative of the World Economic Forum
Participating as the chief guest, Manipur minister for education, labour and employment Thokchom Radheshyam interacted with the youth, encouraged them to have dreams and envision to achieve them for the change that they want to bring in the state.
Through a playful experiment with the young minds present at the event, the minister explained that in teaching, visual aids are used since seeing accelerates learning. If the youngsters want to improve the state, he said, “The action and activities rendered by the them should be set as an example for others to follow in becoming a catalyst for a positive change.”
The three-day event will hold inspirational talk sessions, workshops on vocational skills and a start-up pitching competition, among others. Some of the eminent speakers of the event include Nattinee Dora Sae Ho, managing director/founder, Kid Hero; Bhawana Luthra, executive director, Leadership For Environment and Development (LEAD) International; Deepjyoti Sonu Brahma, co-founder and director, Farm2Food Foundation; and Neichute Doule, CEO Entrepreneur Associon; among others.
The minister also launched the ‘Eco Bag’, a movement to fight plastic pollution, on the first day of the event on Friday.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity