Tripura: A five-year-old child has become the latest victim of malaria in the Dhalai district of Tripura. The deceased, Rakesh, was shifted to the Dhulai district hospital after his condition deteriorated at the Ambassa primary health centre, where he was undergoing treatment, on Thursday afternoon.
With this, the death toll in the recent outbreak of malaria in the state has risen to nine.
Rakesh’s death comes close to three weeks after another five-year-old boy died of malaria in Gandacherra area of Dhalai district in Tripura. The incident had happened on October 14.
Meanwhile, several others are undergoing treatment at the Gandacherra sub-divisional hospital after they were admitted with positive signs of the disease.
The residents of the autonomous district council (ADC) villages of Bhagidhar and Dalpati have urged the district administration to provide adequate measures to control the disease at the earliest.
“Children are the worst sufferers, but adults too also getting affected by the disease,” said Dr Trisha Debbarma of Dhalai district hospital, adding: “The health department is trying its best to provide them with all the necessary requirements.”
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers