Agartala: In order to prepare a roadmap for the state’s development, Centre’s policy think tank Niti Aayog started a three-day ‘chintan shibir’ with the government departments of Tripura and other stakeholders on Friday.
The state government has set a target for itself to make the state a model before the country by 2022, the golden jubilee year of Tripura’s existence. The BJP-IPFT government had sought support from Niti Aayog to pursue this agenda and the programme is the beginning of the mission.
The team from NITI Aayog is being headed by Ramgopal Agarwal, distinguished fellow, who interacted with the various participants during the event.
Friday’s session was chaired by Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb along with other ministers and government officials. He said, “We want to transform Tripura into a model state and PM Narendra Modi has himself shown interest. We will achieve this in three years.”
During the event, the key themes that will be discussed are connectivity, private sector development, education, doubling farmer’s income, health and nutrition, skill development, promoting tourism, energy and climate change, data for policy-making and scenario building.
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon