Guwahati: In a bid to foster unity, understanding and rapport among the North-Eastern students studying in Jalandhar, Punjab, the North-East Students’ Organization Jalandhar (NESOJ) organized the 6th annual sports and cultural meet, which concluded on Sunday.
The event witnessed active participation of students from all the eight NE states. The closing ceremony was attended by former president of Karamyogi Charitable Society, an NGO based in Phagwara, Punjab, Mr Karamyogi Jaswant Singh as chief guest, and teachers from the North-east region working in various colleges in Phagwara and Jalandhar region.
Addressing the gathering as the chief guest, Mr Singh congratulated the executives of NESOJ for organising the event. He was mesmerized by the rich and diverse cultures of the North-east that come together under a single roof during the event.
He also urged the students not only to excel in sports, but also to concentrate on various nation building ideas.
Mizoram won the overall champion trophy during the event while Nagaland emerged as winner in the cultural section.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers