Guwahati: Congress president Rahul Gandhi came under fire on Monday after he mistook Mizoram for Manipur while sharing a news report of ‘girls at the Sainik School in Manipur’ on Twitter. Twitterati, including several BJP members, lashed out at Gandhi saying his “ignorance about the Northeast is problematic”.
Reacting on his tweet, many personalities tweeted about Gandhi and his mess-up with the states of Northeast india. The Congress president is no stranger to goof-ups; he’s often found himself on the receiving end for erroneous facts.
In his reaction on Twitter, Amit Malviya, national head, BJP’s IT Cell, wrote:
Referring to Gandhi as ‘clown prince’, Shefali Vaidya, writer, columnist and political satirist, tweeted:
Gandhi was also targeted by several others on Twitter:
Gandhi recently courted another controversy when he quoted seven different prices for the Rafale deal at public places. Earlier this year, the Congress leader quoted the price of each aircraft to be Rs 700 crore in Karnataka and Delhi. In Parliament, he said it was Rs 520 crore, while in Japiur, he quoted two different figures — Rs 520 crore and Rs 540 crore — in the same speech. In Hyderabad, he said the price of a Rafale jet was Rs 526 crore, as per reports.
- Students form 10% of AIDS cases in Tripura, says CM
- Mizoram election counting postponed: See new date here
- Nagaland: Hornbill Festival begins in Kisama, thousands attend
- Manipur CM returns after signing historic peace pact with Centre, UNLF
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 01
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer December 01