Imphal: The Manipur police on Monday arrested two persons in connection with the the October 20 bomb attack case in which one CRPF jawan was killed and another sustained serious injuries at Nagamapal in the heart of Imphal.
Premjit, who is the president of an NGO called National Identity Protection Council (NIPCO), and his wife were arrested for their alleged involvement in the case from the Oinam area in Bishnupur on Monday.
The police also raided their home and the office of the NGO, and recovered arms and ammunition including three pistols and 17 rounds of bullets. Computers and other documents were also recovered from the office.
Earlier on October 20, unidentified persons hurled a grenade at the vehicle in which CRPF jawans from 86 Battalion were travelling around 6.20 pm at Nagamapal Lambi near Pukhri Achouba in Imphal.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art