Agartala: In a significant development, the Indigenous Peoples’ Front of Tripura (IPFT) — BJP’s alliance partner in the Tripura government — on Friday night formed the village panchayat with the support of the opposition CPI-M at Binapani village of Jirania in West Tripura.
While IPFT president and revenue minister N C Debbarma reportedly considered the issue as local adjustment for better development, BJP leaders have rather preferred to wait and watch, said reports.
However, the CPI-M said it was the reflection against autocratic and undemocratic activities of BJP, as per reports
The Binapani village panchayat has seven seats and the IPFT had won three, falling one short of the magic figure. An alleged misunderstanding between the BJP and and the IPFT reportedly helped the CPI-M to come forward and play the trick.
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants