Agartala: In a significant development, the Indigenous Peoples’ Front of Tripura (IPFT) — BJP’s alliance partner in the Tripura government — on Friday night formed the village panchayat with the support of the opposition CPI-M at Binapani village of Jirania in West Tripura.
While IPFT president and revenue minister N C Debbarma reportedly considered the issue as local adjustment for better development, BJP leaders have rather preferred to wait and watch, said reports.
However, the CPI-M said it was the reflection against autocratic and undemocratic activities of BJP, as per reports
The Binapani village panchayat has seven seats and the IPFT had won three, falling one short of the magic figure. An alleged misunderstanding between the BJP and and the IPFT reportedly helped the CPI-M to come forward and play the trick.
- No, foetuses are not surrounded by bacteria in womb: review
- India has 21 judges per million population: Govt
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace