Agartala: Sub-inspector Bimal Debbarma of the Bagma outpost in Gomati district was arrested by the Tripura police on Friday night for allegedly having links with traders of contraband items in the state. The residence of the policeman’s in-laws was also raided by the police in this regard, said sources.
As per advocate Ajit Ranjan Biswas, who’s fighting for the cop’s case, Debbarma was arrested on Friday under the NDPS Act in connection with a case filed in at the Belonia Piyarbari police station. He was produced in the court on Saturday, after which he was sent to judicial custody till October 30.
Incidentally, Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb had recently visited the police headquarters in Agartala and, according to official sources, had instructed senior officials to take action against every police personnel involved in the trade of contraband items.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases