Agartala: A protest rally, called by the CPI-M seeking a joint parliamentary committee probe into the Rafale deal, came under attack on Saturday morning when unidentified persons pelted stones at the party’s supporters in Belonia in South Tripura district.
As per reports, several CPI-M leaders such as South Tripura district secretary Basudeb Majumder and senior functionary Tapas Dutta and executive member of Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) Parikshit Murasingh were injured in the attack.
Talking to EastMojo, party worker Rahul Sinha said this was the fifth such attack launched by ‘goons’ of BJP against Belonia party workers of the CPI-M.
However, the rally didn’t stop even after the attack. “We ended up at the place where we were supposed to. We are surprised to see that the police played the role of a mere spectator in the entire incident and did not arrest a single person so far,” Sinha added.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art