Agartala: A protest rally, called by the CPI-M seeking a joint parliamentary committee probe into the Rafale deal, came under attack on Saturday morning when unidentified persons pelted stones at the party’s supporters in Belonia in South Tripura district.
As per reports, several CPI-M leaders such as South Tripura district secretary Basudeb Majumder and senior functionary Tapas Dutta and executive member of Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) Parikshit Murasingh were injured in the attack.
Talking to EastMojo, party worker Rahul Sinha said this was the fifth such attack launched by ‘goons’ of BJP against Belonia party workers of the CPI-M.
However, the rally didn’t stop even after the attack. “We ended up at the place where we were supposed to. We are surprised to see that the police played the role of a mere spectator in the entire incident and did not arrest a single person so far,” Sinha added.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people