Agartala: In a shocking incident, a two-day-old baby girl was found abandoned in a jungle near Warangbari in Amarendranagar, located about 30 km from the state capital Agartala.
The infant was discovered when a woman heard the noise of a baby crying while passing through the jungle. When she stopped to check out, she was shocked to see the two-day-old infant lying on the ground with ants all over her body.
She then sought the help of local residents who in turn called the police. The infant was taken to the Bishramganj Hospital, where here condition is said to be stable.
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM