Shillong: After a half-a-decade hiatus, Shillong’s most anticipated festival is back to celebrate autumn with music, dance, exquisite cuisines and a whole lot of fun-filled activities this weekend.
The two-day Shillong Autumn Festival kick-starts on Friday at the Orchid Lake Resort on the banks of the scenic Umiam lake.
The festival will be headlined by the Mohawk styled-Swedish DJ Albin Myers. The varied line-up of the festival ranges from folk to rock and hip hop to reggae. The event will also pay a tribute to the king of pop by popular Shillong-based musicians.
Not only that, a Gen-X stage dedicated to fresh talents will see performances by Guwahati-based hip hop outfit Broke Boy Mafia and The Vicarious Souls from Mawlai, to name a few. There will also be especially-curated fashion shows by NIFT and local designers with the essence of traditional ethnic wear.
The food stalls at the festival will offer some sumptuous local cuisines and home-grown coffee. If music does not suffice, you can also participate in adventure activities at the lake such as Jet Skis, speedboats, catamarans and fishing boats, among others.
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali
- SC verdict has struck down word ‘Sikkimese’ as well: CAP
- Odisha minister Naba Das dies of bullet injuries: Hospital officials
- Tripura polls: BJP names Papia Datta for Agartala Assembly seat