Shillong: In a major breakthrough for security forces in Meghalaya, the police discovered a huge stash of hidden arms and ammunition allegedly belonging to the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) from the East Garo Hills district on Wednesday.
The arms and ammunition were recovered after villagers of Rongbakgre and Nengmandalgre informed the police regarding the hidden stash of arms. Earlier, multiple recoveries of arms and ammunition belong to the deceased commander-in-chief of GNLA, Sohan D Shira, were carried out in the district.
The arms and ammunition recovered by the police on Wednesday include one AK-47 rifle, two SBBL rifles, one SMBL gun, seven pistols, two Kalashnikov magazines, five SLR magazines, one .303 LMG magazine, two magazines of INSAS rifle, seven pistol magazines, three mortar shells, one 36 HE hand grenade, 2,823 bullets, two IED remote controls, 12 RC bomb circuits, 11 time bomb circuits, 10 batteries of time bombs, three sets of walkie-talkies, 34 WT battery chargers, 6 WT set battery covers, 20 WT set adapters, 46 WT set headphones, four pistol holsters and one IED along with GNLA demand pads, among others.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art