Imphal: The situation was tense at Moreh in Manipur on Monday when locals along the Indo-Myanmar border discovered a rocket-propelled grenade placed under a tractor, say reports.
The explosive was recovered by locals around 10.30 am from the spot, just 200 metres from Moreh police station. Soon after the discovery, the police cordoned off the area. A bomb squad was called in from Imphal to defuse the grenade.
Life came to a standstill soon after the recovery of the grenade in the border town as the police stopped the movement of traffic as a precautionary measure until the arrival of bomb squad at 2 pm.
The bomb squad took the explosive to the Holenphai area which is around 3 km from the site of discovery. The explosive was successfully defused around 2:45 pm. The police have laid their suspicion on militants active in the border town.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry