Jalpaiguri: A woman was allegedly raped and an iron rod inserted in her private parts by her relative over a land dispute in Dhupguri area of Jalpaiguri district in north Bengal on Saturday night.
The woman is presently admitted to Jalpaiguri Sadar Hospital and is stated to be in a serious condition. The incident is reminiscent of the 2012 Nirbhaya case in New Delhi where a woman was beaten, gang raped and tortured in a private bus by six people including its driver.
According to the police, the victim was raped on the night of October 20 allegedly by her relative near a pond beside her home under Dhupguri police station. Later, a rickshaw puller found her in serious condition and took her home. She was then taken to Dhupguri Hospital and was later shifted to Jalpaiguri Sadar Hospital where her condition was stated to be critical.
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA Motha to contest 42 seats; Pradyot opts out
- PM Modi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on death anniversary
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 January, 2023
- Tripura CPI(M) terms Mabashar Ali a “traitor” for joining BJP ahead of polls