Guwahati: Golap Rabha of Assam has done the country proud by bagging the Mr World 2018 title at the World Body Building Federation (WBBF) bodybuilding championship. The competition was held in Lithuania between October 19 and 21.
Rabha had participated in three events of the competition, namely, men’s bodybuilding, men’s muscle model and pro Mr World in 80 kg. He managed to get gold in all the three.
The new WBBF Mr World hails from a humble background, belonging to Boko, a small town of Kamrup district of Assam. It was very early on life that he dedicated himself to the sport of bodybuilding.
Rabha had also won several other titles at the state level as well as national level, such as Junior Mr Assam and Junior Mr Kamrup, Mr Fittech Classic in 2013 and Mr India in 2017. Rabha is now eyeing the title for Mr Olympia Amateur which is shortly going to be held in Mumbai.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation