Imphal: A CRPF jawan was killed on the spot while another sustained serious injuries when a grenade was hurled at a truck (bearing no AS01 JC 4384) of 86 Bn, in which they travelling, around 6.20 pm at Nagamapal Lambi near Pukhri Achouba in Imphal on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Umesh M Helavar of 143 Bn and the injured jawan, N Ramarajan of 109 Bn, has been shifted to RIMS in a serious condition.
Police sources claim here that the CRPF convoy was returning from Chilchil Training Camp (KPI). On their way back to camp, a grenade was hurled inside the CRPF truck (bearing No AS-01 JC 4384) and the blast took place.
Earlier on Saturday, a low-intensity blast rocked the Kangpokpi bazar in Manipur, just hours before CM N Biren Singh was to visit the district. The bomb exploded around 1:10 am near the post office, inflicting damage to a car parked near the blast site. However, no casualty was reported.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art