Imphal: A low-intensity blast rocked the Kangpokpi bazaar in Manipur, just hours before CM N Biren Singh was to visit the district. The bomb exploded around 1:10 am near the post office, inflicting damage to a car parked near the blast site. However, no casualty was reported.
An investigation into the blast is underway. The police are yet to ascertain the motive, whether it was an actual bomb or some miscreants trying to disturb the peace in the area.
The CM along with his cabinet were scheduled to inaugurate ‘Nute Kailhang’, a women’s market shed around 10 am, and also laid a foundation stone for transit accommodation centre for doctors and teachers, along with a 100-bedded hostel. The inaugural function was to be followed by a cabinet meeting in the district passing through the route.
Despite the blast, the CM and his cabinet went ahead with their planned event amidst heavy security measures.
Meanwhile, the CM has reportedly given a week’s time to the state police and paramilitary forces to nab the culprits. He has also warned the perpetrators not to test the patience of the government while strongly condemning the act.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border