Agartala: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Jirania’s Champanagar area in Tripura on Tuesday. Locals rescued the survivor from a nearby jungle when they heard her screaming, said reports.
On reaching the spot, the locals caught hold of the accused, identified as Hazar Ali, and handed him over to the police.
As per reports, the survivor was playing near her house when the accused came to seek her help for some work. However, when he found her alone, he pulled her to the nearby jungle and committed the crime.
A case has been filed by the police under Sections 376/511 of the IPC and Section 10 of the POCSO Act.
As the state is celebrating Durga Puja along with the rest of the country, the crime against the minor has created a tense situation in the area.
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna amid muted hopes
- Sikkim’s Tholung Monastery revives 233-year-old Khamsel tradition after 9 years
- Dravid gives Rs 35K to groundsmen for preparing sporting pitch
- Bodies of COVID-19 victims ‘rotting’ in Bengaluru hospital for over one year