Guwahati: The Gujarat government has reportedly offered Meghalaya free land near the world’s largest statue for the construction of Meghalaya House.
While speaking to the media, Gujarat health minister Kishor Kanani said, “We will provide land free of cost for the construction of Meghalaya house. However, the Meghalaya government needs to arrange its own funds to construct the house.”
As per Kanani, there are plans for construction of state bhawans of all states near the site of Statue of Unity, a monument that has been built as a tribute to the ‘Iron Man of India’, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, at Sadhu Bet near Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat. “This will be more convenient for tourists who wish to visit the world’s largest statue,” he added.
The 182-m statue, touted to be the world’s tallest, will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on Oct 31.
Kanani has also invited Meghalaya governor Tathagata Roy and CM Conrad K Sangma to Gujarat during the unveiling of the statue.
- 3 women farmers killed, 2 injured as truck hits them near Tikri border
- Italy hosts a climate-focused G20 as geopolitics shift
- Campaign for Tuirial assembly bypoll ends in north Mizoram
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended