Nagaland: Nagaland-based group Against Corruption and Unabated Taxation (ACAUT) has alleged corruption over an incomplete RCC bridge over Doyang river in Wokha district. The bridge is being constructed under the Nagaland Foot Hill Road (NFHR) project.
As per the NGO, the executive engineer (R&B) of Dimapur division has already made a payment of Rs.18.49 crore to the contractor, which should amount to 75% of the total work value. However, a physical inspection of the site reveals that only 25-30% of the work has been completed, said ACAUT. This is despite the fact that the date of completion and commissioning was already over.
Further allegations have been made against the executive engineer (R&B) for clearing payments to the contractor instead of ensuring completion of the said project, which amounts to fraud, ACAUT said.
ACAUT has also demanded the immediate suspension of the executive engineer (R&B) for professional malpractices and have asked the government to immediately ban the firm concerned in the construction project.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion