Guwahati: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP president Amit Shah is ready to kick-start the Mizoram election campaign on October 17. During his visit to the state, Shah will address booth-level party workers in the run-up to the upcoming assembly elections on November 28.
Shah is scheduled to arrive in Guwahati at 9:30 PM on October 16 and will move to Mizoram the following day, said party sources. The party is currently ruling in Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and has coalition governments in Meghalaya and Nagaland.
During Shah’s visit to the state, around 15,000 booth-level party workers from across Mizoram are expected to attend a meeting where he will address them.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’