Agartala: Security arrangements have been tightened in Tripura just days ahead of the five-day Durga Puja celebrations in the state beginning October 15. Armed with sophisticated weapons and electronic gadgets, a huge number of security personnel have been deployed to take care of any untoward incidents.
While speaking to the media, Tripura DGP Akhil Kumar Shukla said, “Besides deployment of 9,900 Tripura police and Tripura State Rifles personnel, central paramilitary forces have also been requested to keep a close watch on the situation to thwart any attempts of untoward incidents in the state.”
He also said that several security briefings were held with senior police officials, Assam Rifles and central intelligence agencies to make apt security arrangements during Puja. BSF troopers will also keep a close vigil on the India-Bangladesh border, Shukla added.
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant