Nalkata, North Tripura: About 265 gm of brown sugar worth about Rs 53 lakh in the international market was seized from a train coming from Silchar towards Agartala in Tripura on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, BSF personnel boarded the Silchar-Agartala passenger train and recovered the drugs hidden in a cavity inside a book at Nalkata railway station.
The BSF handed over the seized drugs to the railway police in Nalkata station. An FIR under NDPS Act has been lodged.
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet
- BCCI could earn up to USD 5 billion from IPL broadcasting rights only
- Covishield may offer over 90% protection against death from Delta variant: Study