Imphal: A team of Assam Rifles personnel recovered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) weighing 8kg in Manipur’s Wangjing area along the Imphal-Moreh NH-102 on Thursday.
The IED was placed near a culvert with explosives carefully concealed in an aluminium vessel and dug underground among the foliage, as per reports.
Based on specific inputs, a joint team of the Thoubal Battalion of Assam Rifles and Khongjom police carried out intensive search around NH-102 between Khongjom and Wangjing and identified the site where the IED was placed.
To avert any tragedy, the road was closed for public and traffic was diverted. A bomb disposal team reached the site and retrieved the IED which was later destroyed in situ.
The timely action by the security personnel prevented a major disaster in Thoubal district and thwarted the nefarious designs of rebel groups aimed at disturbing the peace and tranquility in the region.
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out