Dimapur: The stage is set for the grand finale of ‘Face of Nagaland’, a beauty contest being organised by Ethnic Trendzanda, in Dimapur, Nagaland on September 29. The grand finale is a culmination of several preliminary rounds of events that included a talent show, a photo shoot and community service session with the Dimapur Municipal Council (DMC).
On Saturday, the crowning of the winners will be preceded by three rounds of events to be judged by Zubeno Mozhoi, proprietor of Hope centre; Rousu Rhi, fashion designer; and Temjenkala, proprietor Aier’s Enclave Guest House.
After two successful seasons in the previous years, the beauty contest will for the first time crown a ‘Queen’ to complete the ‘King’ this year.
The theme for this year’s ‘Face of Nagaland’ is ‘being organic’, with the aim of training young minds of the importance of a healthy life culture — from conducting case studies to maintaining a healthy mind and body. The organisers also conducted a ‘Clean Dimapur City’ drive as part of the event recently.
Gihutoli Khulu, director of Ethnic Trendzanda, is proud to introduce the new season of the contest this year. “The event will pave the way for winners in both the male and female categories to represent the state in bigger platforms of the region and the country as well,” she said.
While Chow Poran Gogoi is the event’s official choreographer, Paukizone will host the show. The ceremony will be held at the IMC hall in Dimapur, at 6 pm on Saturday.
- New COVID antibody treatment may offer up to 18 months’ protection
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs