Agartala: Just a day after a video of Odiya students crying for help went viral on social media, Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb has assured all help to them.
In the video, several students are seen crying against, what they allege, torture and mental harassment by a section of local students in Agartala. They are also seen urging the Odisha government for immediate intervention into the matter and to ensure their safety and security.
The students from Odisha are reportedly pursuing their studies at the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan in Agartala.
Addressing the students through a tweet on Thursday, CM Deb wrote, “Students from Odisha are Tripura’s children too. No anti-social activities shall be allowed on the land of Ma Tripursundari. I assure full protection for students from across India in #Tripura…”
In the tweet, the Tripura CM also said that he has briefed Union petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan about the development and assured him “of full safety for #Odisha students”.
Earlier on Thursday, talking to Tripura DGP Akhil Kumar Shukla over phone, Odisha DGP RP Sharma enquired about the situation, as per reports. Meanwhile, the Odisha government also sent a team from the state higher education department to ensure the well-being of the students in question, the reports added.
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy