Agartala: Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb has requested the Centre to release Rs 1,500 crore to hike salaries and allowances of 2,14,661 state government employees and pensioners, sources said on Thursday.
As per reports, Deb, who is currently in New Delhi, met finance minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi on Wednesday and held discussions on funds needed for the implementation of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC). Deb also met Union minister for consumer affairs, food and public distribution Ram Vilas Paswan.
Deb said the finance minister assured him that the matter would be promptly looked into by the ministry.
Deb also appraised Jaitley of the fiscal condition of the state. The previous government, he said, had left a burden of Rs 1,200 crore as loan, making it difficult to carry forward the development projects and meet the people’s aspirations.
Deb also sought Jaitley’s intervention to ensure speedy release of Rs 358.70 crore to complete 81 ongoing projects.
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM