Kohima: In protest against the recent killing of Nagaland police inspector Neiphretuo Metsieo, residents under the banner of the Angami Public Organisation took out a protest rally from the Old MLA Hostel Junction to the chief minister’s residence in Kohima, where they submitted a memorandum, on Wednesday.
After receiving the memorandum, CM Neiphiu Rio assured the people of taking adequate measures for speedy investigation into the matter. The culprits involved in the murder will have to face punishment as per law, he said.
After submission of the memorandum, angry mobs, which also demanded handing over the culprits of the incident to them, marched towards the office of the state directorate of prisons.
The mob stormed into the office premises and damaged two vehicles, a two-wheeler. The agitating people also pelted stones at the office building. It took almost 90 minutes for the security forces to control the situation.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly