Guwahati/Kohima: Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has donated Rs 1.25 crore for flood-hit Nagaland. This comes almost two weeks after the Kai Po Che! actor was in the news for contributing Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund in Kerala on behalf of a fan.
Rajput has been an active supporter of the relief work in Kerala after the state witnessed one of the worst floods in almost a century. Apart from the donation, the actor, who played the role of Indian cricketer MS Dhoni in the biographical film, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, released in 2016, has been involved in relief work. He, along with a team of philanthropists, has been regularly sending medicines and other essential items to the affected people in Kerala.
Rajput, who will be next seen in Kedarnath based on the Uttarakhand floods, alongside Saif Ali Khan’s daughter Sara, has also been quite vocal about his appreciation for the relief work being undertaken in flood-hit Kerala. On his Instagram and Twitter accounts, he had even labelled these relief workers the ‘real heroes’.
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality