Kathmandu: President Bidya Devi Bhandari on Sunday recalled the contribution of “genius” Lata Mangeshkar to Nepali songs as she paid her tribute to the legendary Indian singing maestro.
“I am saddened by the news of the demise of famous Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar, who has also lent her melodious voice to many Nepalese songs,” Bhandari tweeted in Nepali language.
“I offer my heartfelt tribute to genius Lata Mangeshkar with extraordinary talent,” she added.
Dubbed as the ‘Nightingale of India’, Mangeshkar has lent her voice to many songs in Nepali films, including blockbuster ‘Maitighar’ which features yesteryear bollywood actress Mala Sinha in the lead role with Nepali actor Chidambar Prasad Lohani.
Tributes also poured in for the singing icon from Nepali citizens on various social media platforms.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students