Kathmandu: Two Nepalese nationals have been arrested on charges of trafficking women from Nepal to India, police said.
Laxmi Das, 20 and Khushbu Bishwokarma, 19, have been arrested from Birtamod on Friday on charges of trafficking local women to India.
A 16-year-old girl and a 20-year-old woman have been rescued by the police. They were being taken to Chhaudadano, Bihar, on the pretext of providing lucrative jobs, the police said in a statement.
The police have initiated action against the duo taking them into custody and a search has been launched for three other culprits, it said.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion