The Prime Minister of Nepal KP Sharma Oli, on Monday, claimed that Yoga originated in Nepal, and not in India. Furthermore, he argued that when Yoga originated, India did not even exist.
“Yoga originated in Nepal, not in India. At the time when Yoga came into existence, there was no existence of India; it was divided into factions,” Oli said.
He made the statement while addressing a program held at his residence Baluwatar on the occasion of International Yoga Day. He also claimed that Indian experts have been hiding facts about it.
Twitter users left no chance at taking jibes at this statement made by the Nepal prime minister.
Subramanian Swamy tweeted, “PM Oli should see the Chinese film on Yuan Chuang. And read Dr. Hu Shih’s speech in 1936 at Harvard, tiled “The Indianisation of China.” Was there a country called China? No, It was called Jung Guo.”
Last year too, he claimed Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Ram, actually was in Nepal. Hence, the deity was from Nepal. He said, “Although the real Ayodhya lies at Thori, a city to the west of Birgunj, India claims that Lord Rama was born there.”
He also called out India for “culture encroachment” by creating a ‘fake Ayodhya’.
- Nagaland logs two fresh COVID-19 cases
- SC says Talaq-e-Hasan not akin to triple talaq, women have option of ‘khula’
- China sanctions top Taiwanese officials after 2nd US delegation’s visit to Taipei
- Assam pays tribute to INA’s ‘Singing Soldier’ composer of National Anthem’s tune
- Assam: 15-feet Burmese Python weighing 100 kg rescued in Baska
- Mizoram: Man, 25, arrested for brutally assaulting wife