Flash floods triggered by torrential rains in Sindhupalchok area of Nepal, resulted in the death of at least seven people, and over a dozen missing, including 3 Indian citizens.
According to reports, among the 20 missing people in Sindhupalchok flash floods, three are Indians and three are Chinese nationals.
In Sindhupalchok, located in central Nepal, about 65 km from capital Kathmandu, Melamchi river flooded due to heavy rains resulting in the death and destruction that followed.
Nepalese Health Minister Sher Bahadur Tamang informed on Facebook that flooding of Melamchi and Indrawati rivers caused damage to the dam in Melamchi drinking water project, Timbu Bazaar, Chanaute Bazaar, Talamarang Bazaar and Melamchi Bazar.
Critical infrastructure like motorable bridges and suspension bridges have also collapsed in Sindhupalchok.
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata
- Assam: 4 years on, little hope for this Cachar road lost to erosion
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP fields ex-militant Bernard Marak against CM
- G-20 summit a golden opportunity to highlight Assam’s culture: Sonowal
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author