Guwahati: Police on Sunday said it has arrested 26 suspected Myanmar nationals, who were in possession of fake Indian documents from a lodge here.
Forged documents made in Mizoram such as Aadhaar and voter identity cards were recovered from their belongings, they said.
Based on specific information, a raid was conducted at a lodge in the Rihabari area of the city and 26 people (including 10 women) were apprehended, a police officer said.
Upon interrogation, they disclosed that all of them are citizens of Chin state of Myanmar and were on their way to Delhi to study theology, he said.
A case has been registered and investigation is underway, he added.
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland
- Manipur’s Hongmanh to have memorial park on Naga leader