Guwahati: Police on Sunday said it has arrested 26 suspected Myanmar nationals, who were in possession of fake Indian documents from a lodge here.
Forged documents made in Mizoram such as Aadhaar and voter identity cards were recovered from their belongings, they said.
Based on specific information, a raid was conducted at a lodge in the Rihabari area of the city and 26 people (including 10 women) were apprehended, a police officer said.
Upon interrogation, they disclosed that all of them are citizens of Chin state of Myanmar and were on their way to Delhi to study theology, he said.
A case has been registered and investigation is underway, he added.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal