Beijing: China has started constructing a planetarium at the world’s highest altitude in Tibet for exploration of the universe at the “roof of the world”, the official media reported on Monday.
The planetarium, scheduled to be completed in 2024, is expected to receive over 100,000 visitors annually.
China aims to open a window for exploration of the universe at the “roof of the world,” the official media here reported.
Tibet is mostly open to Chinese tourists and foreigners with special permission.
The planetarium will have the region’s largest optical astronomical telescope, with a one-meter-diameter lens and become a major regional base for astronomical research and public science education, the Science and Technology Department of Tibet said.
- Tripura: Cong-BJP clash sparks tension in Agartala; Cong chief hospitalized
- Administration yet to reach all affected people of Silchar: Himanta
- New music! The latest by Ama Lou, Alewya, Tierra Whack and Flohio
- BTS: ‘V’ takes Paris by storm, ARMY can’t cope with his style
- Ambubachi Mela ends, public worshipping resumes at Assam’s Kamakhya temple
- Tripura by-polls: BJP sweeps three constituencies, Cong retains 6-Agartala