Beijing (AP) A lunchtime explosion at an office cafeteria killed 16 people in southwest China on Friday and injured 10 others, authorities said.
A gas leak is the suspected cause of the blast, the Chongqing city government said in an online statement.
The cafeteria collapsed, trapping victims inside. Rescue workers searched the debris into the night and all the bodies were recovered by midnight, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
One of the survivors was in critical condition, Xinhua said.
The 12.10 pm blast happened at a government subdistrict office in Wulong District, which is about 75 kilometres west of the Chongqing city center and known for its scenic karst rock formations. (AP)
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary