Beijing: At least sixteen people were killed and 36 others remained missing after a flash flood hit a county in China‘s northwest Qinghai province on Thursday, local authorities said.
The flood hit Datong Hui and Tu Autonomous County, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the local emergency management department as saying.
The department said it received a report on the disaster from Xining city, which administers the county, at around 7 am.
The province promptly launched a provincial level-II emergency response for control and rescue work.
Level-II is the second most severe response in a four-tier disaster control emergency response system.
- Rlys achieves 1,000 MT milestone for FY 2022-23
- Bogtui massacre: CBI arrests slain TMC leader’s stepbrother
- Bodhi Day 2022: Date, History and Significance
- SC directs Centre, RBI to produce demonetisation records
- Arunachal: Four more govt officials held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- Centre ‘forcefully’ pushing through bills in Parliament: Mamata Banerjee